10 Questions to Ask Your Mechanic
It often seems that mechanics speak a language all of their own and it can be intimidating to admit that you are overwhelmed with the amount of technical information coming your way. But it doesn’t have to be like that. The mechanics at Fitzgerald Motors are always happy to explain servicing and repairs in easy to understand terms as well as answer any questions you may have. But what to ask? Here are the top 10 questions to ask your mechanic before automotive repairs are carried out so you can be confident with what is happening to your car and why.
1. Which specific car brands do you handle?
While most workshop can work on a variety of vehicle makes and models if you have a European car, a workshop and mechanic that specialise in this type of car is essential.
2. Is your workshop authorised?
Find a shop that has certified mechanics who can work on different automotive systems. It is crucial to hire a shop that is authorised and licensed to operate.
3. Do you provide written estimates?
As a client, it is your right to ask for estimates before you finally decide to avail car repair services.
4. What is the warranty on parts and labour?
Get a shop which offers a 12 month warranty.
5. What is wrong with my car as it manifests the following symptoms?
You can directly ask the mechanic if you notice some symptoms.
Other questions that you can ask include:
6. What are your policies?
7. What are the credentials of your mechanics?
8. Do you charge an inspection fee?
9. Is there an option for either new parts or used ones?
10. How long will it take to finish the car repair?
The mechanics at Fitzgerald Motors are more than happy to answer these and any other questions you may have before Automotive repairs are carried out.
Contact us today for more info.